Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sugar Cookies


Okay. Okay. I procrastinated BIG time on this post. So not only are they not decorated pretty, these cookies picture here are a few days old. Yikes! Please forgive my food blogging faux paux. I guess I'm just trying to say, don't let the picture fool ya'. These cookies really are good! The best part is that they don't require cooling. This recipe is perfect for all those impatient bakers out there that want their treat right now. Or am I the only one that feels like that? This recipe is courtesy of my M-I-L. She's been making these for years, but I was introduced to them over Christmas when she made them for Santa. I ate everything that Santa didn't. I've heard people rave about a store bought brand, I think it's called Lofthouse (or maybe Granny B's? Not sure), and these are BETTER. So fluffy, so soft, so good. And of course, so versatile! Can be used for any holiday or event.
a
Sugar Cookies

2 sticks of butter
1-1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
4 c. flour

Melt butter. Add sugar and stir. Let cool slightly. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Roll out in desire shape. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (adjust time for chewy vs. crunchy cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment