Monday, April 20, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



By Jove, I think I've found it! By "it" I mean the ultimate oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've tried a few different ones, but this one is by far the best. You can literally whip up this recipe in less than 10 minutes and have gooey yummy cookies fresh out of the oven in less than 25. Don't get me wrong, I love me some plain ol' chocolate chip cookies. But once in awhile.. it's nice to have a twist. Shake things up. Go crazy and wild.. I'm sure you get the picture.

This recipe comes to us from a pretty cool lady named Amy. Have never actually met her, and she probably doesn't even know I exist but I love following her blog. Plus, we have tons in common. We share the same last name, love to bake AND live in the same state. Wowza's! So go on over and visit her blog, peruse through her recipes and if you keep up with her.. she has some pretty cool giveaways. Anyway, she doesn't know I'm advertising her blog but I figure if I do it to someone else, maybe someone will do the same thing for me someday. Hope you all enjoy your ultimate-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies!!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 c butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
½ c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 ¼ c flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 c Quick Quick-Oats
1 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in eggs, then add vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt to creamed mixture, mix well. Then add oats, and chocolate chunks. Stir together and drop spoon sized balls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes, edges should be slightly browned, and centers slightly gooey.

2 comments:

  1. I am always up for cookies! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great flavors to mix together! delicious!My family loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete