Monday, April 6, 2009

Snickerdoodle Blondies



OH. MY. GOSH. This dessert is DIVINE. I've seen this particlar treat showcased on several food blogs lately, and I just knew I had to try it. I was not disappointed! It was so easy to make, and the best part is that it uses ingredients already stocked in your baking cupboards. I actually made this last week and it still tastes good, days later. You have got to try it! I promise you'll love it. Recipe courtesty of My Baking Addiction.

a

Snickerdoodle Blondies

2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. grated or ground nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
A pinch of nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and/or line a 9x13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat together butter brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it’s best so spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked these...we enjoyed them too! Have a yummy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your food blog, I wish I was more ambitious and I tried all your recipes, but every once in awhile I do, and they are great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete